“What?! Our flight to Cebu is at 5:00 AM?!”
OMG.
Shoot the moon.
Friday, October 19
I had to literally drag myself to the airport due to lack of sleep...err, I haven’t slept at all. Due to the hectic preparation schedules for this trip, I only had the chance to think about my what-to-bring and what-to-wear the night before the trip. Luckily, my dad accompanied me to the airport so as not to look like a lost-haggard-where-am-I girl while waiting for my boss to arrive. However, my plan to catch some sleep during the flight didn’t materialize. More chicka, more fun! Hehehe…
After getting some 3 hours of sleep, I went to the branch to prepare for the 5:30PM training. Lunch at Lemon Grass was superb! The food was sumptuous and the lemon grass drink was really refreshing. At around 2pm, I received a text message from Jan that there was an explosion at Glorietta II. I immediately texted our colleagues and thanked God that nobody from our officemates were there when it happened as our department head called for an emergency meeting at that time. The incident sent shivers down to my spine when I got to realize that I was there at CD-R King, Glorietta II the night before it happened…literally a few steps away from the blast spot.
The first day of training went smoothly as the participants were very cooperative. We had dinner the barbeque place near the branch. Next stop: a coffee shop “not found in Manila”…Starbuck’s! Hehehe…
Saturday, October 20
I received a call from my satchi, Rachel. Worried about the news, she called to check if everything’s ok since she knew very well that Friday lunch-out is a common ritual in the office. Again, more chicka, more fun!
Today’s training wasn’t as enjoyable as the previous day. Thanks to the unsolicited advice and derogatory remarks of a training participant. A helluva ***** !
What really saved the day was the dinner we had at Mr. A. It’s a restaurant with an overlooking view of Cebu in its grandeur. It’s happy fiesta once again!
Sunday, October 21
Last day of training…err, not exactly training, though. It was more of “looking after” the participants as they go about their conversion thing. Since it was Sunday, we decided to hear mass prior to our actual agenda for the day. We went to Basilica Minore del Sto. Nino de Cebu and had visited the historical Magellan’s Cross. After mass, we went straight to the branch to facilitate the participants.
We were done by 4pm and that was the only time that we had the chance to buy our pasalubong: danggit, dried pusit, and shamrock otap. Later on, we had dinner at one of the famous Su To Kil (it means Sugba, Tuwa and Kilawin….Inihaw, Tinola and Sinukaan in Tagalog). restaurants in Lapu-Lapu City. The place is similar with Dampa and Seaside where you can order your fresh sea-foods and they will cook it the way you like them to be cooked. Then, there was this man who played the harp. Amazed as I was, I asked him whether playing the harp would be as easy as playing the piano. According to him, the harp is much easier to learn as compared to the piano simply because it only consists of the “KFC” (pronounced as is but literally meant “key of C”).
Final agenda for the night: hand & foot spa and manicure plus back massage. Talk about pampering one’s self!
Monday, October 22
After 3 days of work, we finally managed to have our much-awaited post-work getaway.
Our target destination: Plantation Bay.
The resort is located in Marigondon, Cebu, about 30-minutes away from the hotel where we stayed. After settling our bills (we got the Day Tripper Package which costs Php 2,000 per person, inclusive of lunch and access to all amenities) and securing our luggage at the resort’s reception area, we headed for the day’s main agenda: to relax and unwind.
The place was simply breath-taking. Truly a sight to behold, albeit its man-made edifice. Too bad we had very limited time to explore the entire place since we need to leave at 2pm in order to catch our 4pm flight back to Manila.
After having lunch and loading our digicams with lots of scenic shots (ourselves included in the pictures, of course!), we headed to the airport. Next scene: we were practically running all the way from the airport entrance to the aircraft because we arrived 15 minutes before the actual take-off!
A few minutes later, we were soaring the skies. While waiting for sleep to dawn upon me, I thought about the events that transpired during the past days. But since the dream fairy didn’t pay me a visit, I just wondered on how things will be when we get to report for work the next day. Hay!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
The Cebu Adventure
Posted by purple haze at 7:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment