One of the challenging tasks of being a mentor is that you need to be a good listener...a sponge...you need to have the talent to suspend personal judgement...and a knack for putting yourself in the other person's shoes so you can relate with what the other person is feeling on the given situation.
A friend recently confided a love problem. It's a case of unrequited love. Aha! What a nice topic. Suddenly, memories kept flashing back.
It's really a nice feeling to be in love. I remember a particular poem which speaks about the gush of being in love:
Every time I see you
I catch my breath and gasp
Every time I see you
I hope it's not the last
Every time I see you
I melt beneath your glance
Every time I see you
I want for cupid's chance
Every time I see you
I yearn to draw you close
Every time I see you
It nurtures my resolve
Every time I see you
I dream of heartfelt love
But each time that I see you
A touch would be enough
Every time I see you
Your smile kisses my soul
Every time I see you
I long for love to grow
How ideal. How profound. But when you come into terms with the reality that what you're feeling can't be returned at all, there comes the tragedy.
My advise to you, my friend? Learn to let go and eventually move on. I've been there and it brought me so much pain and misery. I've wasted so many years holding on to what I thought was there all along. Don't be too focused on something futile well in fact, there might be someone out there who is very much willing to love you for who you are.
If I only advised myself the way I advised you now, I would have been happier then.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Unrequited Love
Posted by purple haze at 8:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment