Thursday, January 27, 2005

Happy Anniversary to SPPYC

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today marks the 14th anniversary of the Sts. Peter & Paul Parish Youth Choir. My, oh my, how time flies! Imagine, I was there when the group started...fourteen years ago...at nandito pa rin ako!!! Kaya naman I thought of coming up with 14 things that i learned from the choir...just a reflection of how the choir changed my views in life and how it helped me to be the person i am today...read on...

14 Things I learned from the choir:

1. Singing is twice praying.
2. A choir member’s ultimate goal is to glorify God and sanctify the faithful.
3. No matter how hard you try, you just cant please everybody.
4. Commitment is synonymous to perfect attendance during rehearsals, mass service, and gimmicks.
5. Being too idealistic can put you into BIG trouble.
6. Diplomacy is not always the best solution.
7. Choir members come, and when they go, you simply can’t do anything about it.
8. Many are called, but only a few will choose to remain with the group, and more often than not, they are the people you least expect.
9. Choir members are worst critics when it comes to music.
10. Sing where the notes go. Don’t rely on your instincts.
11. No choral performance is one and the same, and each member of the group is responsible for it.
12. Nothing beats fellowship after a strenuous rehearsal or a magnificent performance.
13. Each choir member has a certain degree of artistic tantrums.
14. In the choir, you dont just have friends; you have a FAMILY.

Cheers to another year in God's service and good luck to all our endeavors!

"I will sing forever of your love, oh Lord
I will celebrate the wonder of Your Name
For the Word that You speak is a song song of forgiveness
And a song of gentle mercy and of peace."

0 comments: