Saturday, April 08, 2006

7 days and 7 nights

I turned 30 years old last April 2. But it took about a week before the birthday phenomena was over:


April 1.
I had dinner with my closest friends at the Seaside and Cowboy Grill. However, my dearest friend, John, wasn't able to make it due to some urgent matters. It's alright, John. You owe me one. In general, it was a refreshing celebration. Very intimate...just the way I wanted it to be. Thanks for making it come true, Schatzi. I love you.




April 2.
Had lunch at Hap Chan at Market! Market! with my parents and my aunt. This is my first birthday that I celebrated it with my aunt...I think this could pass as an entry to the Guinness Book.

Later on that night, I had my second birthday celebration – this time, with the SPP Youth Choir. It was fun. A total contrast to the celebration I had the previous night. Lots of laughter, silly jokes, and revelations during the most-awaited pik-pak-boom game. Too bad, I wasn't able to join them during the game. Been very busy answering birthday greetings sent via SMS. Thanks for the cake, guys.




April 3.
An ordinary day at the office. I received a card and wind chime from Gima, and a purple drawstring pants from Alaine that she personally bought from Puerto Galera. My boss didn’t greet me. No big deal.


April 4.
I received a bouquet of one dozen yellow roses all the way from London. Thanks for the wonderful surprise. Promise, I'll always take care. Miss you.

Image hosting by Photobucket


April 5.
I received a text message coming from a dear friend. Though the greeting was three days late, I really appreciate it. Thanks for the annual birthday greetings and for keeping in touch. I'm so honored by the fact that you still have my mobile number after all these years. Hope we can get together soon.


April 6.
I received another surprise gift from a family friend. It's a book on how to simplify life. Thanks for the book. I must admit, my life is full of clutter. I know this book will help me clean my life's mess brought about by unfortunate events and throw away all the unnecessary burden that I've been carrying all these years.


April 7.
Had the final birthday celebration with a good friend at MyLK in Greenbelt 3. Save the best for last. :)



Lord, I thank you for the past 29 years of my life. Thank you for being with me all these years and for sending me the wonderful people who have given me their unconditional love and untiring support. Now as I look forward to another year, I ask for your blessing. Give me the grace to overcome the little problems that will come my way and embrace every little blessing that you will bestow upon me. Help me to live according to your will. I love you, Lord. Amen.

2 comments:

dannaaa said...

happy bertdey ulet.. :-)

carol said...

I wish I had a one-week birthday celebration too. Hihi.

From grills to dimsum to pansit and cake to MyLK (I don't know what they serve there =p)

Yum.