Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Year After

Today is July 18.

Exactly a year after the vehicular accident I had gotten into.

In as much as I don't want to remember all the details of that traumatic experience, they just kept flashing into my mind:

..the thought that I have forgotten to kiss mom but totally ignored it...the keen intuition I was feeling back then...the jeepney ride to Ayala...the Petron gasoline station at Makati Avenue...my leisure walking...the white taxi cab...the spot where I had lain after I was bumped by a passenger jeepney...waking up inside a car...the blood stains on the seat cover and printed documents...my swelling forehead...tita Evelyn, my earth-bound angel...the jeepney driver...the questions that raced through my mind...the series of tests I went through at the trauma unit of Ospital Ng Makati...my bruises and contusions... mom's look when she finally saw me lying at the hospital bed...dad's surprisingly calm nature...the insensitive nurse...Rachel's assistance...the ambulance ride from Ospital Ng Makati to Makati Medical Center...the hospital room...the anti-tetanus allergy...the negative CT Scan results...the people who visited me...the prayers and mass intentions for my speedy recovery...

Today could've been my first death anniversary.

Thanked God, it's not.

Rather, it's a day of thanksgiving:

...for the not-so-pleasant experience that made me who I am now

...for my parents who were always there for me

...for Tita Evelyn, my earth-bound angel

...for my friends, choir mates and relatives who have given me their love and encouragement

...for the realizations I had after the accident

...FOR MY SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 comments: