When I’m emotionally down, I make it a point to do something uplifting (or crazy!) just to beat the blues away. On the second day of torture, I thought of watching the Sound of Music, my all-time favorite musical movie. Little did I know that I was bound to learn a few valuable lessons…

“When God closes a door, someway He opens a window.”

“You cry a little and you wait for the sun to come out…it always does.”
Just as the Lord closes that one big door, I believe that good things are bound to happen, hopefully soon. I just need to prepare myself and wait for that one particular window to open up. When that moment finally comes, I wouldn't mind passing through that window because I know that it was worth the wait. With the sun shining brightly outside, I shall look back and gaze at the closed door, thankful and full of hope as I embrace whatever the future holds.
In the meantime, I'll simply remember my favorite things so I won't feel so bad...
Friday, January 16, 2009
Lessons from The Sound of Music
Posted by purple haze at 4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment